Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Very Special Tan Line


 I've never had a tan line on this finger before.
But let me tell you, I am quite taken with it. 
It makes me feel like being a wife is ingrained upon my skin -- completely part of me. 
The effect surprised me, and you know what? 
I really like it.

[the thing is... no one tells you about that moment--that moment well into the night when you get up to use the bathroom and you spend a minute in there--breathing, water on the face, studying yourself in his oversized, knit shirt and then you open the door to return to bed, and yes, he's still there and he's still asleep but his arm is reached out to the empty space where you were just minutes before. and you climb in--and he pulls you in. into him. all without ever really waking.

his awareness of your absence. no one prepares you for that.]

2 comments:

  1. Cute post. Cuddling at night is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet post! I love your darling attitude and personality. Jean Paul is such a lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete